Weapon Identification Requirements
- Marking must be UID compliant (Data Matrix symbol)
- The marking shall remain decodable throughout the functional life ofthe weapon ( approximately 25 years)
- The marking shall withstand all environmental, conditions that theweapon will be exposed to under normal and war time conditions, including refurbishment process.
- The presence of the marking or the method of marking shall not havea detrimental affect on functional, performance, reliability, or durability of the weapon
- Symbol markings applied to weapons shall be placed in closeproximity to existing human‐readable markings
- Weapons shall be marked in arms rooms (mobile marker) andrefurbishment centers (fixed station marker)
Marking Location for M9 Pistol